Lyon County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Lyon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lyon County, Nevada. You can contact the Lyon County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Lyon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
27 South Main StreetThe Lyon County Assessor's Office is located in Yerington, Nevada. Yerington is the county seat of Lyon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lyon County Courthouse, at 27 South Main Street.
Lyon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lyon County Information
Lyon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lyon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lyon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lyon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lyon County.
- The Lyon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lyon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lyon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lyon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lyon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-463-6522. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lyon County assessor's office at 775-463-6599. Please call the assessor's office in Yerington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lyon County Courthouse at 775-463-6531.