Lander County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Lander County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lander County, Nevada. You can contact the Lander County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lander County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
315 South Humboldt StreetThe Lander County Assessor's Office is located in Battle Mountain, Nevada. Battle Mountain is the county seat of Lander County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lander County Courthouse, at 315 South Humboldt Street.
Lander County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lander County Information
Lander County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lander County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lander County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lander County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lander County.
- The Lander County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lander County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lander County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lander County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lander County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-635-2610. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lander County assessor's office at 775-635-5520. Please call the assessor's office in Battle Mountain before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lander County Courthouse at 775-635-2885.