Esmeralda County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Esmeralda County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Esmeralda County, Nevada. You can contact the Esmeralda County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Esmeralda County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 517The Esmeralda County Assessor's Office is located in Goldfield, Nevada. Goldfield is the county seat of Esmeralda County, where most local government offices are located.
Esmeralda County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Esmeralda County Information
Esmeralda County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Esmeralda County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Esmeralda County Tax Appraiser.
- The Esmeralda County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Esmeralda County.
- The Esmeralda County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Esmeralda County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Esmeralda County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Esmeralda County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Esmeralda County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-485-6380. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Esmeralda County assessor's office at 775-485-3450. Please call the assessor's office in Goldfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Esmeralda County Courthouse at 775-485-3406.