Elko County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Elko County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Elko County, Nevada. You can contact the Elko County Assessor for:
- Checking the Elko County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
575 Idaho StThe Elko County Assessor's Office is located in Elko, Nevada. Elko is the county seat of Elko County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Elko County Courthouse, at 571 Idaho Street.
Elko County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Elko County Information
Elko County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Elko County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Elko County Tax Appraiser.
- The Elko County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Elko County.
- The Elko County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Elko County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Elko County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Elko County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Elko County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-738-5217. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Elko County assessor's office at 775-778-6795. Please call the assessor's office in Elko before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Elko County Courthouse at 775-738-5398.