Douglas County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Douglas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Douglas County, Nevada. You can contact the Douglas County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Douglas County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 218The Douglas County Assessor's Office is located in Minden, Nevada. Minden is the county seat of Douglas County, where most local government offices are located.
Douglas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Douglas County Information
Douglas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Douglas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Douglas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Douglas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Douglas County.
- The Douglas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Douglas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Douglas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Douglas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Douglas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-782-9830. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Douglas County assessor's office at 775-782-9884. Please call the assessor's office in Minden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Douglas County Courthouse at 775-782-9821.