Churchill County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Churchill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Churchill County, Nevada. You can contact the Churchill County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Churchill County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
155 N Taylor Street, Suite 110The Churchill County Assessor's Office is located in Fallon, Nevada. Fallon is the county seat of Churchill County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Churchill County Courthouse, at 155 North Taylor Street, Suite 200.
Churchill County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Churchill County Information
Churchill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Churchill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Churchill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Churchill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Churchill County.
- The Churchill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Churchill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Churchill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Churchill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Churchill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-423-6584. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Churchill County assessor's office at 775-423-2429. Please call the assessor's office in Fallon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Churchill County Courthouse at 775-423-4092.