Thomas County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Thomas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Thomas County, Nebraska. You can contact the Thomas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Thomas County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 226The Thomas County Assessor's Office is located in Thedford, Nebraska. Thedford is the county seat of Thomas County, where most local government offices are located.
Thomas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Thomas County Information
Thomas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Thomas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Thomas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Thomas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Thomas County.
- The Thomas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Thomas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Thomas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Thomas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Thomas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-645-2261. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Thomas County assessor's office at 308-645-2623. Please call the assessor's office in Thedford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Thomas County Courthouse at 308-645-2261.