Thayer County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Thayer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Thayer County, Nebraska. You can contact the Thayer County Assessor for:
- Checking the Thayer County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 208The Thayer County Assessor's Office is located in Hebron, Nebraska. Hebron is the county seat of Thayer County, where most local government offices are located.
Thayer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Thayer County Information
Thayer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Thayer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Thayer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Thayer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Thayer County.
- The Thayer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Thayer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Thayer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Thayer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Thayer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-768-6417. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Thayer County assessor's office at 402-768-7232. Please call the assessor's office in Hebron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Thayer County Courthouse at 402-768-6693.