Stanton County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Stanton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stanton County, Nebraska. You can contact the Stanton County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Stanton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 347The Stanton County Assessor's Office is located in Stanton, Nebraska. Stanton is the county seat of Stanton County, where most local government offices are located.
Stanton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stanton County Information
Stanton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stanton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stanton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stanton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stanton County.
- The Stanton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stanton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stanton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stanton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stanton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-439-2210. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stanton County assessor's office at 402-439-2262. Please call the assessor's office in Stanton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stanton County Courthouse at 402-439-2215.