Sheridan County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Sheridan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sheridan County, Nebraska. You can contact the Sheridan County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Sheridan County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 39The Sheridan County Assessor's Office is located in Rushville, Nebraska. Rushville is the county seat of Sheridan County, where most local government offices are located.
Sheridan County Assessor Contact Information
Sheridan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sheridan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sheridan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sheridan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sheridan County.
- The Sheridan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sheridan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sheridan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sheridan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sheridan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-327-5652. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Rushville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sheridan County Courthouse at 308-327-5650.