Seward County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Seward County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Seward County, Nebraska. You can contact the Seward County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Seward County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 190The Seward County Assessor's Office is located in the Seward County Courthouse in Seward, Nebraska. Seward is the county seat of Seward County, where most local government offices are located.
Seward County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Seward County Information
Seward County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Seward County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Seward County Tax Appraiser.
- The Seward County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Seward County.
- The Seward County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Seward County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Seward County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Seward County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Seward County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-643-3311. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Seward before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Seward County Courthouse at 402-643-2228.