Saunders County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Saunders County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Saunders County, Nebraska. You can contact the Saunders County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Saunders County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
433 N Chestnut StThe Saunders County Assessor's Office is located in Wahoo, Nebraska. Wahoo is the county seat of Saunders County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Saunders County Courthouse, at 433 North Chestnut Street, Suite 200.
Saunders County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Saunders County Information
Saunders County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Saunders County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Saunders County Tax Appraiser.
- The Saunders County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Saunders County.
- The Saunders County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Saunders County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Saunders County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Saunders County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Saunders County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-443-5703. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Saunders County assessor's office at 402-443-5708. Please call the assessor's office in Wahoo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Saunders County Courthouse at 402-443-8101.