Sarpy County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Sarpy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sarpy County, Nebraska. You can contact the Sarpy County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sarpy County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
1210 Golden Gate DrThe Sarpy County Assessor's Office is located in Papillion, Nebraska. Papillion is the county seat of Sarpy County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sarpy County Courthouse, at 1210 Golden Gate Drive, Suite 1122.
Sarpy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sarpy County Information
Sarpy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sarpy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sarpy County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sarpy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sarpy County.
- The Sarpy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sarpy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sarpy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sarpy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sarpy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-593-2122. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Papillion before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sarpy County Courthouse at 402-593-4155.