Red Willow County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Red Willow County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Red Willow County, Nebraska. You can contact the Red Willow County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Red Willow County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
502 Norris AveThe Red Willow County Assessor's Office is located in McCook, Nebraska. McCook is the county seat of Red Willow County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Red Willow County Courthouse, at 502 Norris Avenue.
Red Willow County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Red Willow County Information
Red Willow County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Red Willow County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Red Willow County Tax Appraiser.
- The Red Willow County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Red Willow County.
- The Red Willow County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Red Willow County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Red Willow County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Red Willow County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Red Willow County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-345-4388. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Red Willow County assessor's office at 308-345-6944. Please call the assessor's office in McCook before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Red Willow County Courthouse at 308-345-1552.