Phelps County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Phelps County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Phelps County, Nebraska. You can contact the Phelps County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Phelps County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 404The Phelps County Assessor's Office is located in Holdrege, Nebraska. Holdrege is the county seat of Phelps County, where most local government offices are located.
Phelps County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Phelps County Information
Phelps County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Phelps County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Phelps County Tax Appraiser.
- The Phelps County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Phelps County.
- The Phelps County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Phelps County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Phelps County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Phelps County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Phelps County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-995-4061. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Phelps County assessor's office at 308-995-4368. Please call the assessor's office in Holdrege before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Phelps County Courthouse at 308-995-4469.