Otoe County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Otoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Otoe County, Nebraska. You can contact the Otoe County Assessor for:
- Checking the Otoe County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 249The Otoe County Assessor's Office is located in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Nebraska City is the county seat of Otoe County, where most local government offices are located.
Otoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Otoe County Information
Otoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Otoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Otoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Otoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Otoe County.
- The Otoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Otoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Otoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Otoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Otoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-873-9520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Nebraska City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Otoe County Courthouse at 402-873-9509.