Morrill County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Morrill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morrill County, Nebraska. You can contact the Morrill County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Morrill County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 610The Morrill County Assessor's Office is located in Bridgeport, Nebraska. Bridgeport is the county seat of Morrill County, where most local government offices are located.
Morrill County Assessor Contact Information
Morrill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morrill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morrill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morrill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morrill County.
- The Morrill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morrill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morrill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morrill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morrill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-262-1534. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Morrill County assessor's office at 308-262-1469. Please call the assessor's office in Bridgeport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morrill County Courthouse at 308-262-1760.