McPherson County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The McPherson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McPherson County, Nebraska. You can contact the McPherson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the McPherson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 122The McPherson County Assessor's Office is located in Tryon, Nebraska. Tryon is the county seat of McPherson County, where most local government offices are located.
McPherson County Assessor Contact Information
McPherson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McPherson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McPherson County Tax Appraiser.
- The McPherson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McPherson County.
- The McPherson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McPherson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McPherson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McPherson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McPherson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-587-2363. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tryon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcpherson County Courthouse at 308-587-2363.