Loup County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Loup County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Loup County, Nebraska. You can contact the Loup County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Loup County property tax due date
The Loup County Assessor's Office is located in Taylor, Nebraska.
Loup County Assessor Contact Information
Loup County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Loup County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Loup County Tax Appraiser.
- The Loup County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Loup County.
- The Loup County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Loup County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Loup County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Loup County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Loup County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-942-3135. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Loup County assessor's office at 308-942-3103. Please call the assessor's office in Taylor before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.