Lancaster County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Lancaster County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lancaster County, Nebraska. You can contact the Lancaster County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lancaster County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
555 S 10Th St Rm 110The Lancaster County Assessor's Office is located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln is the county seat of Lancaster County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lancaster County City Building, at 555 South 10th Street, Room 102.
Lancaster County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lancaster County Information
Lancaster County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lancaster County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lancaster County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lancaster County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lancaster County.
- The Lancaster County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lancaster County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lancaster County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lancaster County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lancaster County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-441-7463. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lancaster County assessor's office at 402-441-8759. Please call the assessor's office in Lincoln before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lancaster County City Building at 402-441-7447.