Kimball County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Kimball County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kimball County, Nebraska. You can contact the Kimball County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Kimball County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
114 E 3Rd StThe Kimball County Assessor's Office is located in the Kimball County Courthouse in Kimball, Nebraska. Kimball is the county seat of Kimball County, where most local government offices are located.
Kimball County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kimball County Information
Kimball County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kimball County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kimball County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kimball County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kimball County.
- The Kimball County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kimball County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kimball County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kimball County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kimball County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-235-2362. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Kimball before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kimball County Courthouse at 308-235-4056.