Keith County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Keith County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Keith County, Nebraska. You can contact the Keith County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Keith County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
511 N Spruce StThe Keith County Assessor's Office is located in Ogallala, Nebraska. Ogallala is the county seat of Keith County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Keith County Courthouse, at 511 North Spruce Street, Room 200.
Keith County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Keith County Information
Keith County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Keith County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Keith County Tax Appraiser.
- The Keith County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Keith County.
- The Keith County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Keith County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Keith County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Keith County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Keith County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-284-8040. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Keith County assessor's office at 308-284-8047. Please call the assessor's office in Ogallala before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Keith County Courthouse at 308-284-6695.