Kearney County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Kearney County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kearney County, Nebraska. You can contact the Kearney County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Kearney County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 339The Kearney County Assessor's Office is located in Minden, Nebraska. Minden is the county seat of Kearney County, where most local government offices are located.
Kearney County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kearney County Information
Kearney County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kearney County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kearney County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kearney County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kearney County.
- The Kearney County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kearney County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kearney County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kearney County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kearney County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-832-2625. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Minden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kearney County Courthouse at 308-832-2723.