Holt County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Holt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Holt County, Nebraska. You can contact the Holt County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Holt County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 329The Holt County Assessor's Office is located in O'Neill, Nebraska. O'Neill is the county seat of Holt County, where most local government offices are located.
Holt County Assessor Contact Information
Holt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Holt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Holt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Holt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Holt County.
- The Holt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Holt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Holt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Holt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Holt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-336-1624. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in O'Neill before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Holt County government at 402-336-1762.