Hitchcock County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Hitchcock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hitchcock County, Nebraska. You can contact the Hitchcock County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Hitchcock County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 248The Hitchcock County Assessor's Office is located in Trenton, Nebraska. Trenton is the county seat of Hitchcock County, where most local government offices are located.
Hitchcock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hitchcock County Information
Hitchcock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hitchcock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hitchcock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hitchcock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hitchcock County.
- The Hitchcock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hitchcock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hitchcock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hitchcock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hitchcock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-334-5219. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hitchcock County assessor's office at 308-334-5784. Please call the assessor's office in Trenton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hitchcock County Courthouse at 308-334-5646.