Harlan County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Harlan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harlan County, Nebraska. You can contact the Harlan County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Harlan County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 698The Harlan County Assessor's Office is located in Alma, Nebraska. Alma is the county seat of Harlan County, where most local government offices are located.
Harlan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Harlan County Information
Harlan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harlan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harlan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harlan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harlan County.
- The Harlan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harlan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harlan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harlan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harlan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-928-2177. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Harlan County assessor's office at 308-928-9943. Please call the assessor's office in Alma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Harlan County Courthouse at 308-928-2173.