Hall County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Hall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hall County, Nebraska. You can contact the Hall County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hall County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
121 S Pine StThe Hall County Assessor's Office is located in Grand Island, Nebraska. Grand Island is the county seat of Hall County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hall County Administration Building, at 121 South Pine Street.
Hall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hall County Information
Hall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hall County.
- The Hall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-385-5050. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Grand Island before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hall County Administration Building at 308-385-5083.