Grant County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Grant County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grant County, Nebraska. You can contact the Grant County Assessor for:
- Checking the Grant County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 139The Grant County Assessor's Office is located in Hyannis, Nebraska. Hyannis is the county seat of Grant County, where most local government offices are located.
Grant County Assessor Contact Information
Grant County Assessor Address
Grant County Assessor
Grant & Harrison Street
Hyannis, NE 69350
Grant County Assessor Phone Number
Grant County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grant County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grant County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grant County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grant County.
- The Grant County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grant County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grant County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grant County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grant County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-458-2488. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hyannis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grant County Courthouse at 308-458-2434.
Find the tax assessor for a different Nebraska county
Find property records for Grant County
The median property tax in Grant County, Nebraska is $800.00