Gosper County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Gosper County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gosper County, Nebraska. You can contact the Gosper County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Gosper County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Gosper County Assessor's Office is located in Elwood, Nebraska.
Gosper County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gosper County Information
Gosper County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gosper County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gosper County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gosper County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gosper County.
- The Gosper County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gosper County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gosper County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gosper County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gosper County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-785-2250. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Elwood before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.