Garden County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Garden County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Garden County, Nebraska. You can contact the Garden County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Garden County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 486The Garden County Assessor's Office is located in Oshkosh, Nebraska. Oshkosh is the county seat of Garden County, where most local government offices are located.
Garden County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Garden County Information
Garden County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Garden County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Garden County Tax Appraiser.
- The Garden County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Garden County.
- The Garden County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Garden County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Garden County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Garden County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Garden County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-772-4464. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Oshkosh before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Garden County Courthouse at 308-772-3924.