Gage County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Gage County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gage County, Nebraska. You can contact the Gage County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Gage County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 429The Gage County Assessor's Office is located in Beatrice, Nebraska. Beatrice is the county seat of Gage County, where most local government offices are located.
Gage County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gage County Information
Gage County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gage County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gage County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gage County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gage County.
- The Gage County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gage County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gage County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gage County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gage County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-223-1308. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gage County assessor's office at 402-223-1725. Please call the assessor's office in Beatrice before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gage County Courthouse at 402-223-1306.