Cheyenne County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Cheyenne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cheyenne County, Nebraska. You can contact the Cheyenne County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cheyenne County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 217The Cheyenne County Assessor's Office is located in Sidney, Nebraska. Sidney is the county seat of Cheyenne County, where most local government offices are located.
Cheyenne County Assessor Contact Information
Cheyenne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cheyenne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cheyenne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cheyenne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cheyenne County.
- The Cheyenne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cheyenne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cheyenne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cheyenne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cheyenne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-254-2633. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cheyenne County assessor's office at 308-254-4293. Please call the assessor's office in Sidney before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cheyenne County Courthouse at 308-254-2080.