Butler County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Butler County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Butler County, Nebraska. You can contact the Butler County Assessor for:
- Checking the Butler County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 289The Butler County Assessor's Office is located in David City, Nebraska. David City is the county seat of Butler County, where most local government offices are located.
Butler County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Butler County Information
Butler County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Butler County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Butler County Tax Appraiser.
- The Butler County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Butler County.
- The Butler County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Butler County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Butler County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Butler County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Butler County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 402-367-7420. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Butler County assessor's office at 402-367-3329. Please call the assessor's office in David City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Butler County Courthouse at 402-367-7430.