Buffalo County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Buffalo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Buffalo County, Nebraska. You can contact the Buffalo County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Buffalo County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 1270The Buffalo County Assessor's Office is located in Kearney, Nebraska. Kearney is the county seat of Buffalo County, where most local government offices are located.
Buffalo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Buffalo County Information
Buffalo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Buffalo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Buffalo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Buffalo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Buffalo County.
- The Buffalo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Buffalo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Buffalo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Buffalo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Buffalo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-236-1205. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Kearney before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Buffalo County Courthouse at 308-236-1224.