Yellowstone County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Yellowstone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yellowstone County, Montana. You can contact the Yellowstone County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Yellowstone County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Yellowstone County Assessor's Office is located in Billings, Montana.
Yellowstone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yellowstone County Information
Yellowstone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yellowstone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yellowstone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yellowstone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yellowstone County.
- The Yellowstone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yellowstone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yellowstone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yellowstone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yellowstone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-896-4000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Billings before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.