Teton County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Teton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Teton County, Montana. You can contact the Teton County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Teton County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO Box 610The Teton County Assessor's Office is located in Choteau, Montana. Choteau is the county seat of Teton County, where most local government offices are located.
Teton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Teton County Information
Teton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Teton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Teton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Teton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Teton County.
- The Teton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Teton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Teton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Teton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Teton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-466-2908. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Choteau before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Teton County Courthouse at 406-466-2151.