Powder River County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Powder River County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Powder River County, Montana. You can contact the Powder River County Assessor for:
- Checking the Powder River County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 200The Powder River County Assessor's Office is located in Broadus, Montana. Broadus is the county seat of Powder River County, where most local government offices are located.
Powder River County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Powder River County Information
Powder River County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Powder River County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Powder River County Tax Appraiser.
- The Powder River County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Powder River County.
- The Powder River County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Powder River County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Powder River County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Powder River County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Powder River County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-436-2407. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Powder River County assessor's office at 406-436-2866. Please call the assessor's office in Broadus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Powder River County Courthouse at 406-436-2361.