Petroleum County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Petroleum County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Petroleum County, Montana. You can contact the Petroleum County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Petroleum County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 226The Petroleum County Assessor's Office is located in Winnett, Montana. Winnett is the county seat of Petroleum County, where most local government offices are located.
Petroleum County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Petroleum County Information
Petroleum County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Petroleum County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Petroleum County Tax Appraiser.
- The Petroleum County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Petroleum County.
- The Petroleum County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Petroleum County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Petroleum County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Petroleum County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Petroleum County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-429-5231. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Petroleum County assessor's office at 406-429-6328. Please call the assessor's office in Winnett before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Petroleum County Courthouse at 406-429-5311.