Missoula County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Missoula County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Missoula County, Montana. You can contact the Missoula County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Missoula County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
200 W Broadway StThe Missoula County Assessor's Office is located in Missoula, Montana. Missoula is the county seat of Missoula County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Missoula County Courthouse, at 200 West Broadway.
Missoula County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Missoula County Information
Missoula County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Missoula County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Missoula County Tax Appraiser.
- The Missoula County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Missoula County.
- The Missoula County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Missoula County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Missoula County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Missoula County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Missoula County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-721-5700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Missoula County assessor's office at 406-721-4043. Please call the assessor's office in Missoula before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Missoula County Courthouse at 406-721-5700.