Meagher County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Meagher County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Meagher County, Montana. You can contact the Meagher County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Meagher County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
15 W MainThe Meagher County Assessor's Office is located in White Sulphur Springs, Montana. White Sulphur Springs is the county seat of Meagher County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Meagher County government, at 15 West Main Street.
Meagher County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Meagher County Information
Meagher County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Meagher County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Meagher County Tax Appraiser.
- The Meagher County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Meagher County.
- The Meagher County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Meagher County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Meagher County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Meagher County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Meagher County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-547-3612. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Meagher County assessor's office at 406-547-3388. Please call the assessor's office in White Sulphur Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Meagher County government at 406-547-3612.