Liberty County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Liberty County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Liberty County, Montana. You can contact the Liberty County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Liberty County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
111 1st Street EastThe Liberty County Assessor's Office is located in Chester, Montana. Chester is the county seat of Liberty County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Liberty County Courthouse, at 111 1st Street East.
Liberty County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Liberty County Information
Liberty County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Liberty County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Liberty County Tax Appraiser.
- The Liberty County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Liberty County.
- The Liberty County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Liberty County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Liberty County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Liberty County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Liberty County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-759-5365. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Chester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Liberty County Courthouse at 406-759-5365.