Granite County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Granite County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Granite County, Montana. You can contact the Granite County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Granite County property tax due date
220 N SansomeThe Granite County Assessor's Office is located in Philipsburg, Montana. Philipsburg is the county seat of Granite County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Granite County Courthouse, at 220 North Sansome Street.
Granite County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Granite County Information
Granite County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Granite County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Granite County Tax Appraiser.
- The Granite County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Granite County.
- The Granite County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Granite County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Granite County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Granite County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Granite County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-859-3521. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Philipsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Granite County Courthouse at 406-859-3771.