Garfield County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Garfield County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Garfield County, Montana. You can contact the Garfield County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Garfield County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 7The Garfield County Assessor's Office is located in Jordan, Montana. Jordan is the county seat of Garfield County, where most local government offices are located.
Garfield County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Garfield County Information
Garfield County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Garfield County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Garfield County Tax Appraiser.
- The Garfield County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Garfield County.
- The Garfield County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Garfield County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Garfield County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Garfield County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Garfield County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-557-2760. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jordan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Garfield County Courthouse at 406-557-2760.