St. Francois County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The St. Francois County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Francois County, Missouri. You can contact the St. Francois County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the St. Francois County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Courthouse SquareThe St. Francois County Assessor's Office is located in Farmington, Missouri. Farmington is the county seat of St. Francois County, where most local government offices are located.
St. Francois County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Francois County Information
St. Francois County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Francois County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Francois County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Francois County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Francois County.
- The St. Francois County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Francois County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Francois County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Francois County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Francois County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-756-1878. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Farmington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Francois County Courthouse at 573-756-3623.