Shannon County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Shannon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shannon County, Missouri. You can contact the Shannon County Assessor for:
- Checking the Shannon County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 187The Shannon County Assessor's Office is located in Eminence, Missouri. Eminence is the county seat of Shannon County, where most local government offices are located.
Shannon County Assessor Contact Information
Shannon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shannon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shannon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shannon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shannon County.
- The Shannon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shannon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shannon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shannon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shannon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-226-5539. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Shannon County assessor's office at 573-226-3103. Please call the assessor's office in Eminence before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shannon County Courthouse at 573-226-3414.