Ripley County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Ripley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ripley County, Missouri. You can contact the Ripley County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ripley County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Ripley County Assessor's Office is located in Doniphan, Missouri.
Ripley County Assessor Contact Information
Ripley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ripley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ripley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ripley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ripley County.
- The Ripley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ripley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ripley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ripley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ripley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-996-7112. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ripley County assessor's office at 573-996-5787. Please call the assessor's office in Doniphan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.