Ray County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Ray County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ray County, Missouri. You can contact the Ray County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Ray County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 W Main StThe Ray County Assessor's Office is located in Richmond, Missouri. Richmond is the county seat of Ray County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ray County Courthouse, at 100 West Main Street.
Ray County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ray County Information
Ray County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ray County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ray County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ray County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ray County.
- The Ray County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ray County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ray County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ray County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ray County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 816-776-2676. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ray County assessor's office at 816-776-4521. Please call the assessor's office in Richmond before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ray County Courthouse at 816-776-4502.