Pettis County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Pettis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pettis County, Missouri. You can contact the Pettis County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Pettis County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
415 S Ohio AveThe Pettis County Assessor's Office is located in the Pettis County Courthouse in Sedalia, Missouri. Sedalia is the county seat of Pettis County, where most local government offices are located.
Pettis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pettis County Information
Pettis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pettis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pettis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pettis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pettis County.
- The Pettis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pettis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pettis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pettis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pettis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-826-5000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pettis County assessor's office at 660-827-8637. Please call the assessor's office in Sedalia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pettis County Courthouse at 660-826-5395.