Oregon County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Oregon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oregon County, Missouri. You can contact the Oregon County Assessor for:
- Checking the Oregon County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 324The Oregon County Assessor's Office is located in the Oregon County Courthouse in Alton, Missouri. Alton is the county seat of Oregon County, where most local government offices are located.
Oregon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oregon County Information
Oregon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oregon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oregon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oregon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oregon County.
- The Oregon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oregon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oregon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oregon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oregon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-778-7471. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Oregon County assessor's office at 417-778-7441. Please call the assessor's office in Alton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oregon County Courthouse at 417-778-7475.