McDonald County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The McDonald County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McDonald County, Missouri. You can contact the McDonald County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the McDonald County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 665The McDonald County Assessor's Office is located in the Upper Floor, McDonald County Courthouse in Pineville, Missouri. Pineville is the county seat of McDonald County, where most local government offices are located.
McDonald County Assessor Contact Information
McDonald County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McDonald County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McDonald County Tax Appraiser.
- The McDonald County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McDonald County.
- The McDonald County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McDonald County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McDonald County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McDonald County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McDonald County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-223-4361. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pineville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcdonald County Courthouse at 417-223-4717.